B52 Van Lines - Super stressful experience

1.5
Insurance Quality
Turnaround Time

My move with B52 Movers left a lot to be desired. The bait & switch is what had me the most upset.

Quoted an amount by phone after assessing all the things I needed moved, then when movers arrived and had things nearly half packed, quoted me literally TWICE the amount first quoted. My bad---I didn't know at the time, but I should have had someone come in person and do a BINDING estimate. Now I know. I think this company takes advantage of those who don't know this.

I had to make many phone calls to even get someone in "management" to get the amount down a little, but it still cost me nearly 4 grand more than the original amount was. And some items were damaged (and a few boxes lost) enroute, which I realized can happen---but I submitted the photos of the damages, and they were supposed to have gotten back to me with some compensation funds.

Well, that was 6 months ago and that's never happened. So I will never use these people again.

Product or Service Mentioned: B52 Van Lines Moving Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 03, 2017.

B52 Van Lines - Disappointing experience

2.3
Turnaround Time

Company first quoted me a price by phone and I listed ALL the items that would be moved, went room by room. Unfortunately when the movers came they quoted me literally twice as much, citing I had more items than they'd planned for.

I managed to argue the price down a bit but was still high. The movers did a decent job for the most part, BUT 3 or 4 items were damaged on arrival, 2 not repairable. I submitted the claim Chris advised me to do, with photos, and last conversation I'd had with him, he was going to "talk with management" to see what amount they could reimburse me for the damage, plus 2 boxes of items were lost. Well, that was nearly 3 months ago and I've not heard a word from them since.

Their communication once they actually moved my items and got paid, was terrible. I'm tired of trying to contact them.

Product or Service Mentioned: B52 Van Lines Moving Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 11, 2017.

B52 Van Lines - Beware! Not a good moving company!

Will never use this company again. And I have since found it's happened to others as well.

Total bait and switch tactics. They give you a quote over the phone and then arrive at your house, charging you basically twice as much to move claiming that you have more stuff than they had anticipated. They also broke some furniture and lost at least one box of items. A good friend of mine had the exact same experiences – along with some of her furniture being broken and things being lost.

Even though I bought some insurance coverage, they claimed they were going to replace the cost of what they broke, but it has been over a month and I have never heard another word. I'm done.

Product or Service Mentioned: B52 Van Lines Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 10, 2017.